Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Protests Day 2

From Minnesota Public Radio:

Jeff Ley, 20, of Roseville, Minn., was among the crowd that had marched to the center. When the crowd was gassed, he began running, but then heeded the advice of other demonstrators who yelled at him to walk with his hands raised. He said a police officer stepped from behind a building pillar and fired pepper spray in his face.

"I put my hands up because I saw everybody else doing it," Ley said. "Then I got hit."

Many got caught in the gas.

"This is the last time I want to be part of history," said Bernie Swafford of Inver Grove Heights, Minn., her eyes streaming from the chemical irritant. She had come with her husband to the Xcel Energy Center to watch the action, not to demonstrate.


More of the same.

No comments: