Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seriously...how far will this go?

Did you know John McCain was a prisoner of war? I did. I do. I hear it constantly. In response to every question posed to his campaign.

I understand that John McCain had a really awful five years, five years that no one should have ever had. He served honorably. But this cannot be a response to every question.

Check this out, from CBS/Politico (emphasis mine):
Couric asked about McCain’s answer when Politico inquired about the number of homes he and his wife, Cindy, own. McCain referred the question to his staff, who said he had at least four. Records show the number could be twice that, depending on how you count the family's properties.

“I am grateful for the fact that I have a wonderful life,” McCain said. “I spent some years without a kitchen table, without a chair, and I know what it's like to be blessed by the opportunities of this great nation.


You can read the full context here. Just in case you were wondering, John McCain is referring to his time in Hanoi, not any period of poverty in the United States.

1 comment:

Jill Rodde said...

Just in case you were wondering, John McCain is referring to his time in Hanoi, not any period of poverty in the United States.

Perfect, perfect point.