Friday, August 8, 2008

A Note on Edwards Affair, from Elizabeth Edwards


For some time there have been rumors swirling (courtesy the National Enquirer) about John Edwards having an affair with a campaign worker. Get your fill here.

Unless one of the other blog authors brings this up, then this post will be the one and only post on this subject. I was a strong believer in John Edwards in both 2004 and 2008, and I still believe in his message. Yes, I am disappointed in John Edwards. Also, I think we should all get over it.

I think that those who are most concerned about how this has affected Edward's courageous wife Elizabeth. She has a post at her Diary on Daily Kos about "Today."

You should read the full post, but for those who choose not to, please keep her concluding lines in mind:
I ask that the public, who expressed concern about the harm John’s conduct has done to us, think also about the real harm that the present voyeurism does and give me and my family the privacy we need at this time.

No comments: