Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anybody But Bush



While I think I've made it pretty clear that I am not a fan of John McCain, but when I look back to our lame duck president, I'm reminded that no one could be as bad is him, particularly when it comes to foreign policy and world relations.

President Bush met with Philippine President Gloria Arroyo to discuss the Philippine's need for food aid (amid a near food crisis due to the skyrocketing prices) and to discuss aid after the typhoon that ravaged the island and caused a ferry to capsize killing over 700 people.

Because he is President Bush, instead of providing assurances, or speaking about this serious matter, he started his public address with President Arroyo by saying:

"I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine Americans when I eat dinner at the White House.... And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President."



You can read the full transcript here, or learn about the White House chef here.

President Bush is that kid in middle school who has absolutely no filter, the kid who does not understand that there are times for fart jokes and times when those are simply not appropriate. Except he's 61. And the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Obama would be SOOOOO different.

No comments: