The University of Minnesota AFSCME clerical and health care workers are going on strike for a living wage and the Carleton Democrats are fully behind their efforts. A full explanation can be found here.
What can we do?
From the AFSCME 5 website. http://www.afscmemn.org/
- HONOR OUR PICKET LINE beginning September 5.
- PICKET WITH US at a location listed below:
West Bank: Humphrey Institute turnaround (19th Ave S & 3rd St S)
East Bank: Washington Ave & Union St
Dinkytown: Donhowe Building (University Ave & 15th Ave S)
St.Paul Campus: Student Center (2017 Buford off Raymond Ave)
- RALLY TO GET THE UNIVERSITY TO SETTLE
Morrill Hall, Wednesday, September 5, 12:00 Noon
- EMAIL U of M PRESIDENT BRUININKS at UPres@umn.edu and demand that the U fairly settle AFSCME's contract
- DONATE TO THE U WORKERS SUPPORT FUND with checks payable to U Workers Support Fund at 1313 5th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- ATTEND OUR FUNDRAISER on September 15 at 7 p.m. at the Communication Workers of America, 3521 East Lake St, Minneapolis
- CALL OUR STRIKE HOTLINE at 612-234-8772